The U.S Department of Homeland Security has issued a warning that support for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is coming to an end on July 14, 2015. The federal government warned:
“After this date, this product will no longer receive
- security patches that help protect PCs from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software,
- assisted technical support from Microsoft
- software and content updates”
If your firm has a Windows Server 2003 deployed, you have several choices:
- Continue to run Windows Server 2003 after July 14, leaving your server highly vulnerable and most likely violating ethics opinions on an Attorney’s duty to secure confidential client information.
- Pay thousands of dollars upfront and replace the Windows 2003 server with new server hardware and new Microsoft Server operating system software, continuing the need to maintain and repair hardware for years to come, leaving your operations hinging on the hardware health of a single computer.
- Pay low monthly amounts and deploy a Microsoft Cloud server, eliminating any need to manage, maintain and repair hardware.
If your law firm is running Windows Server 2003, your business is at risk and it is imperative that your firm act now to plan for the Microsoft Server 2003 sunset on July 14, 2015. Call (800) 928-8781 today to speak with a Law Office Clouds consultant to deploy your Microsoft Windows Cloud Server.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security Alert – Click Here